Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Have had this recipe for ages but have yet to try it. Might try and make it in the next couple of days, it sounds like a winner.
- 2 onions, sliced and cooked
- 300 ml sour cream
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 12 sheets phyllo pastry, buttered with
- melted butter
- Preheat oven to 180c (moderate) Beat eggs, add cream and cheese.
- Stir in onions and seasonings.
- Arrange buttered pastry sheets at angles around a 23cm buttered pie plate, leaving some hanging over the edge and making sure base is covered.
- Pour in mix and fold pastry over to loosely cover the pie.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
This is a very rich onion tart but that didn't stop my 2 year old demolishing a HUGE piece. Both kids ate really well so this definitely passes the kid-friendly test. Using phyllo can be a fiddly process because the bottom layers of the pastry want to dry out before you have a chance to fold them over. But otherwise this recipe is very easy to prepare. PS. I just realised that I forgot to add the cheese!!! And we still enjoyed this!