Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was looking for some new appetizers for the holidays and came across this -- it is definitely on my to try list.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced
- 3 cups sweet onions, thinly sliced (such as vidalia or maui)
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- Place pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll to a 14x 11 rectangle.
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheet, tucking edges under 1/2 inch all the way around.
- Bake at 325º until slightly puffed, about 5 minutes; let cool.
- Meanwhile, saute bacon and onions until bacon is crisply cooked and onions are caramelized; drain.
- Spread sour cream over cooled pastry.
- Spoon onion and bacon mixture over sour cream.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.