Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very simple and delicious snack. Caramelize the onions at low heat for sweeter taste. The fresh thyme adds a wonderful herb taste and aroma. You can also substitute it with sage.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a pan over low heat.
- Melt the butter and olive oil.
- Place sliced onion, cook and caramelize for 15 - 20 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Rolled out the puff pastry and place it on top of a cookie sheet.
- Spread the softened goat cheese and top with black pepper.
- Spoon the caramelized onion over the goat's cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
I absolutely loved this. No one else in my family was crazy about it, but I think had I substituted some other cheese for the goat cheese, it would have been a hit with them, too. I thought it was amazingly good, so my vote counts more than theirs.