Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
Onion Tarka is a traditional crispy brown onion garnish sprinkled over many Indian dishes. This is a quick version that will keep in an airtight container for several weeks.
- 8 tablespoons cooking oil
- 6 ounces dried onion flakes
- Heat the oil, and then add the onion flakes.
- Briskly stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- They will burn easily so keep them moving.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Serve hot or cold.
a "why didn't I think of that" thing... I just tried this and it went fast....not1 min but more like 30 seconds..after t5he oil had heated I added the dried chopped onion and almost imidetally removed from burner and shook and moved them around.. the 1st time I tried this I used about 1/2 Tablespoon oil & 2 Tablespoons of "chopped" onion flakes I got at the dollar store.... I also put them on a double layer of paper towel and "blotted them I added mine to green beans after they were heated & on my plate.. pretty yummy.. think I'll make some more tonight to have on hand.. endless possibilities..thank you for sharring