Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my husband's favorite stuffing for Thanksgiving! It's very simply, and incredibly tasty. I usually double this and put it in a 13X9" pan.
- 3 cups quartered onions (eighths if the onions are very large)
- 2 cups dry bread cubes (about five slices or so, left out for 24 hours or lightly toasted)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- In a large pan, boil 4 cups salted water.
- Add onions, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain onions and return to pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing well.
- Bake in a buttered 8X8 pan at 350 for approximately 30 minutes, or until brown and crispy.