Prep 30 mins
Cook 16 mins
Juicy, plump porterhouse steak stuffed with delicious onions & topped with fresh mushrooms.
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) beef porterhouse steaks, cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 dash celery salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Slash fat edges of steak at 1-inch intervals. (Don't cut into meat).
- Slice pockets in each side of meat, cutting almost to bone.
- In a skillet cook onion & garlic in 1 TABLESPOON of the butter.
- Add celery salt & dash pepper.
- Stuff pockets with onion mixture; skewer closed.
- Mix wine & soy sauce; brush on meat.
- Grill over MEDIUM HOT coals for 8-10 minutes, brushing often with soy mixture.
- Turn & grill 8-10 minute more for rare, continuing to brush meat with soy mixture often.
- In a smaller skillet, cook mushrooms in remaining 2 tablespoons butter till tender.
- Slice steak across grain. Pass mushrooms to spoon atop steak.