1/1 Photo of Onion-Stuffed Flat Bread
From Vegetarian Times. Pan-fried flat breads are served at breakfast in India, but the crispy treats can be used for other meals as well. 192 cal; 5g prot; 8g fat; 29g carbs; 0mg chol; 148mg sod; 3g fiber; 2g sugars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or 1/2 tsp amchoor)
- 1Filling: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- 2Dough: Pulse flour and salt in food processor until combined.
- 3Add 1 1/4 cups water, and process 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- 4Cover, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 5Roll dough into 8 balls, then dust with flour. Roll out each ball into a 3-inch circle.
- 6Place 2 tablespoons filling in center of each circle. Join dough edges together, and crimp tightly. Dust with flour once more. Place crimped-side down and roll into 6-inch circles.
- 7Oil iron griddle or heavy skillet, and heat over medium heat.
- 8Cook 1 dough circle for 1 to 2 minutes, or until bottom browns and is firm. Flip, and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 9Lightly oil top of flat bread with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Turn over, and oil second side, pressing on flat bread several times to brown evenly. Repeat with remaining dough balls and oil.
- 10Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion-Stuffed Flat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 147.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g