1/1 Photo of Onion Steaks
Great flavored slices of onion pan fried. Serve this along side a steak or a burger.Have it as a side dish for an brunch or dinner buffet. This recipe is adapted from one published in the July 06 Bon Apetit Magazine. Try it I'm sure you will enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the oil, butter, Dijon, honey savory & Worcestershire sauce; beat until well blended.
- 2Pour into a shallow dish large enough to hold the 4 onion slices flat in the marinade.
- 3Run a water soaked bamboo skewer through each onion slice from one side to the other to hold the slice together. Trim off any protruding bits of the skewers.
- 4Place onion slices it in the marinade and refrigerate until 15 minutes before serving or proceed to cook them now. They may be prepared the day before and kept overnight.
- 5Flip the slices a few time to evenly coat the slices with the marinade.
- 6Over medium heat warm a lightly oiled skillet.
- 7Remove onion slices from the marinade and fry the slices until golden on both sides approx 7 minutes each side.
- 8Be careful that they do not burn-the honey tends to caramelize quickly. If necessary turn the heat a bit lower.
- 9Serve & enjoy.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.4
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 238.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 0.9 g