Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick dinner sandwich idea.
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Italian rolls, split
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 7 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add the steak.
- Cook and stir in the tomato sauce mixture until meat reaches desired doneness; drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce mixture.
- Brush oil over the cut sides of the rolls, fill with steak mixture.