Prep 50 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a really interesting recipe. Very minimal amount of ingredients and great bread.
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 4 cups flour
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets active dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup water
- This is a easy blender recipe, so get out that trusty blender!
- Combine into blender the sugar, milk, onion soup mix, and butter.
- Blend together for a few seconds.
- Soften the yeast in the warm water.
- Add into blender while still warm.
- Mix for a few seconds.
- Pour mixture into a bowl.
- Combine the flour with the mixture, mix well.
- Cover the bowl and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Stir the batter down, beating very well.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Let the dough rise until doubled in size.
- Bbake at 375°F for a hour.