Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Categories: Soup/stews, Mixes, Pitzer
- 7 ounces beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 cup instant tea powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 cup onion salt (7 tsp)
- Combine in order listed.
- Keep the mixture in jar at room temperature.
- Makes 2 cups.
- 1/4 cup mix equals 1 envelope commercial soup mix TO USE: 1/4 cup mix to 4 cups boiling water.
- Stir well until soup is dissolved.
Thank you for this recipe! I used it last night and it was fantastic. I thought tea? but it helped with the coloring and the taste didn't come through in the fnal product. Will use this from now on instead of ready made.
I needed onion soup mix, which I usually have on hand, for a cheese sauce recipe (#90567). When I found out I had run out, I was so excited to find this recipe! This is so easy and has things that you have on hand. Tastes just like Lipton's and is a fraction of the cost. Thanks for posting this recipe! I'll use it again and again and it helps the budget :)
Today I had to make some pot roast pretty fast and I used this recipe. I had no instant tea powder, I used 1/3 a tiny bag of Earl Grey tea and then followed the rest of the recipe. It turned out very well. THanks for this recipe.