Dedee Royale's Note:
I've always loved onion soup but hate having to spend a lot of money eating it at a restaurant whenever I'm in the mood for it. My recipe is not only cheap to make, but quick and easy. I can whip this up in about 20 minutes. It's also a great company dish or just to enjoy on a cold fall or winter evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large saute pan, being careful not to burn the butter.
- 2Add onions and saute over med-high heat for 6-7 minutes, till translucent and yellow.
- 3Sprinkle flour over onions and mix in, cooking for 1 minute more.
- 4Add beef broth, Marsala, Worcestershire sauce, and Gravy Master.
- 5Simmer covered for 25 minutes on low heat to blend flavors.
- 6Serve in soup bowls or pour into onion crocks and add crusty toast rounds, topped with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- 7Place under broiler for 2 minutes.
- 8NOTE: Be sure your bowls are ovenproof.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Soup Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.1
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 2892.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: