Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Quick and easy bread to accompany braai (barbecue) food. Your guests will be totally amazed that you made your own bread! They would never believe that it took you 10 minutes to prepare.
- 500 g self raising flour
- 1 1⁄4 ounces French onion soup mix
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 500 ml buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease or spray a loaf tin.
- Sieve flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the soup mix and 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Pour the buttermilk in and mix until a sticky dough is formed.
- Transfer to the greased loaf tin.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 50mins to 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
This recipe is very hard to figure out the measurements. I will review again if it can be cleare on the flour measurements
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2007. Very tasty bread...toasted is lovely too.I had some trouble getting the measurements correct. I used 2 cups of self-raising flour and 2 cups of milk when I realized the batter was way too thin I added more flour till the batter became a bit sticky...it turned out great even after my initial EeeEEEEK!