1/1 Photo of Onion Soup
1 hr 5 mins
The Maltese Falcon ~ # 869978's Note:
The English cookery writer, Hanna Glasse published this recipe in the 1747 volume she signed only ‘’By A Lady’’. It is an amzing soup and a must for all soup lovers. We have served this many times and always run out as guests ask for seconds. Hope you enjoy as much as we do. Simply delicious -- Enjoy also as a lunchtime snack with hot crusty bread and some cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a pan.
- 2Add the onions and cook till translucent (15mins).
- 3Add the flour stir into the onions and cook for a few minutes.
- 4Add the hot stock and bring back to the boil.
- 5Once boiled add the bread and cook the soup for 15 more minutes, stir frequently.
- 6Beat the egg yolks with the vinegar, mix some of the soup with them, then stir the mixture into the rest of the soup, and mix well.
- 7Simmer for a few more minutes.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.9
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.2 mg
- Sodium 437.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g