Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from "The Mississippi Cookbook." Recipe submitted by Lamar Scott of Fayette, MS.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to your liking)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to your liking)
- crouton (to garnish)
- Melt butter in large skillet and cook onions until tender.
- Beat egg yolks in large bowl; stir in milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add this mixture to onions and cook, stirring constantly, until soup begins to thicken.
- Sprinkle with croutons when serving.
when I added it all together and cooked it together it got all globby and icchy so I ended up putting it in the blender. I won't make it again.