Recipe by *Asha*
There is times when a great sandwich is all the food you need. I have nights like that a lot. That's why I always look for a new way to make a good sandwich. Feel free to use other deli meats and cheeses.
Top Review by Chef Mommie
Though I didn't eat the completed sandwich myself (I tasted the ham and onions with a little of the mustard), my dh gave me the "thumbs up". I love it when he gives me the "thumbs up" because I know we have a keeper! Thank You Ashhhhhhhhhha!!!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 12 slices shaved brown sugar ham
- 2 sandwich buns, split, toasted
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 2 -4 slices swiss cheese (I like a lot of cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in medium skillet on medium heat. Add onion and sugar, and cook about 15 minutes or until onions are tender and golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Add ham and toss to coat. Cook 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Spread cut sides of rolls with mustard. Fill with ham mixture and cheese.
- Serve with your favorite pickle and chips, or french fries and cole slaw for a complete meal.