Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Looking Good Now! magazine. Serve on whole wheat burger buns
Make and share this Onion-Smothered Barbecued Turkey Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- Mix ground turkey, bread crumbs, and half the barbecue sauce.
- Shape mixture into four patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- Grill until done.
- Meanwhile, cut onion in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- Separate into half-rings.
- Heat nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add onion, cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining barbecue sauce.
- Reduce heat to med-low and cook 5 minutes longer or until onion is wilted and sauce thickens.
- Serve burgers on buns, smothered in onions and extra barbecue sauce.