Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just a mixture I played around with until I liked it. Very easy to make and good with any soup.
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup oleo, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 drops hot sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) packages corn muffin mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fiesta blend cheese, divided
- Saute onion in oleo in large skillet over med. heat until tender. Set aside.
- Combine egg and next 3 ingredients; add the corn muffin mix and stir just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan; set aside.
- Combine onion mixture, sour cream and 1/2 the cheese; spread evenly over the batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes; sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes more.