Family insists I make this for Christmas dinner to go along with the prime rib. They even love it cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Melt the butter in medium size pan.
- 3Peel the onion and slice into 1/4 inch rings.
- 4Saute the onions in the butter until soft.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Combine muffin mix, egg, milk, corn and hot pepper sauce.
- 7Place in a buttered 8 inch square pan.
- 8(You can use a cooking spray) Add sour cream, salt, dill weed and 1/2 cup of the cheese to the sauted onions; combine and spread over the batter.
- 9Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 10Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 11Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Shortcake
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.9
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 329.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Jiffy corn muffin mix