1/8 Photos of Onion Sauce Chicken
1 hr 20 mins
This is a wonderful chicken recipe. The chicken falls apart into the sauce once plated. Excellent with rice even better with my homemade rice pilaf. I have posted this recipe as well under Elaine's Rice Pilaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice onion; set aside.
- 2Split whole chicken breasts.
- 3Combine 6 TBS of flour, 1 1/2 TSP salt and 1/4 TSP pepper in plastic bag. Add chicken a couple of pieces at a time and shake to coat.
- 4Heat oil in an oven proof skillet. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 5Brown onion slices in same pan until golden. Add 3 TBS flour and stir to coat. Add chicken stock and cook until thickened. Add remaining remaining salt, pepper and thyme. Return chicken to the skillet and spoon gravy over.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 1 1/4 hours.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Sauce Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.3
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 692.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 17.3 g