Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
For the new year 2010, I'm looking to try healthy recipes and this one looks yummy and comes from Light Recipes cookbook for Jean Pare.
- 1 1⁄3 cups onions, sliced
- cold water
- boiling water
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 pinch paprika
- Let soak the onion in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Put the onion in a saucepan. Add boiling water. Bring to boil. Let simmer, covered, until onions are tender. Drain.
- Spread the onion on the slices of toasted bread. Garnish each one with a slice of cheese. Sprinkle with paprika. Broil in oven until cheese is melted and ligthly golden.
Made for Newest Zaar, Summer 2010. So easy to prepare and quite delicious. Satisfied my urge for cheese AND crusty bread! Great little toastie makes a light summer fare! Thanks for posting.