Kim D.'s Note:
Posted this recipe as a request on the message board. I found the recipe in the "Blueberries and Polar Bears" cookbook. The recipe suggests serving this with "beef or Jalaneo Goose, or on top of a beef sandwich the next day!" I guessed on the serving size, because it wasn't given.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the onions very thin and place them in a plastic or glass dish.
- 2Combine the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt.
- 3Mix well to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- 4Pour over the sliced onions and mix well.
- 5Put a plate on top of the onions and set a weight on it.
- 6A plastic bottle of oil and vinegar works well.
- 7Let the onions sit on the counter all day- overnight is best.
- 8Drain the onions (You will wonder where all the liquid came from!).
- 9Combine the dressing and celery seed and toss with onions.
- 10Put in a serving bowl and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.9
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 565.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g