Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Super snack for the Super Bowl. Quick and easy too!
- 1 loaf miniature party rye rounds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese or 1⁄2 cup your choice cheese
- parmesan cheese
- Mix together, mayonaise, shredded cheese and onion.
- Spread about 1 TBS on each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Broil until golden brown about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
My Mom used to always make these for parties and they are good - so much better than the recipe sounds. She used 2 cups Miracle Whip and 2/3 cup chopped onion and topped each rye round with a thin slice of mild white cheese.
Oooooh, these were really good. I ate way too much! I used regular rye bread and cut it into quarters. Also, I had Swiss cheese slices so I just laid them over the top of the mayo and onion mixture. Too good, somebody get these away from me!