Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
In ‘300 Best Bread Machine Recipes’
Top Review by Paka
Made this recipe yesterday in the bread machine but finished it in the oven. I did have to add a bit more water but that was the only change. This bread came out quite dense but had fantastic flavor. It smelled so good in the toaster this morning. Thanks.
1 1/2 Pound Loaf
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup rye flour
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast or 1 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure ingredients into baking pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Insert pan into the oven chamber.
- Select Basic Cycle.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.