Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are really easy appetizers that you can make a few days in advance, and bake them the day they are needed. I am not a fan of onions, but these are delicious.
- 3 large yellow onions
- 59.14 ml butter
- 170.09 g package cream cheese
- 170.09 g package swiss cheese, grated
- 1 package burrito-size flour tortilla
- Chop onions.
- Place in frying pan with butter.
- Fry for 20 minutes or until onions are limp.
- Stir in cream cheese and grated swiss cheese.
- Stir until melts.
- Spread on tortillas.
- Roll and refrigerate overnight.
- To cook: Grease baking sheet.
- Cut into 1" pieces.
- Bake, upright, at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
I am rating this recipe again because the first time I forgot to put the stars on it ( and it deserves AT Least 5 stars)! I made this, along with other appetizers for Christmas Day. My DH and SIL are huge onion fans which is why I decided to try them. They were delicious! I was debating whether to make the whole recipe or halve it because of all the other food we were having but I figured I could always warm up any leftover later. There were none left! Thank you leilani for a great appetizer recipe! They were so easy to make. BTW-my sil asked me for the recipe-several times-until I finally got it to her.
Brought them to a party and they were really popular! I practically used up all the cheeses I have left in the fridge i.e. 1/4 pack of cream cheese, 1/2 pack parmesan cheese, and 1/2 monteray jack cheese. Added a dash of chilli powder, salt and red pepper flakes but still felt something was lacking.. until I added a few dashes of HP sauce! :) Rolled it up with some leftover ham slices and baked it for 10 min in the oven. Absolutely yummy!
I halved the recipe and only used one onion. Delicious and easy!