Make and share this Onion-Roasted Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (2 ounce) package Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix
- 4 potatoes, cut into large chunks (about 2 lbs.)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- In large bowl, toss all ingredients until evenly coated.
- In 13 x 9-inch baking or roasting pan, arrange potatoes.
- Bake at 425°, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.VARIATIONS: Try substituting 2 sweet potatoes for 2 all-purpose potatoes. OR -- stir in 1 teaspoons each of garlic powder and soy sauce.
These are my favorite roasted potatoes. Even though they really don't need it, I have a compulsion to mash them and add butter on my plate! I know that is awful, but I cannot help myself. The flavor of the butter still adds so much!
One of my favorite dishes to make whenever I do a roast. I like to substitute real butter melted for the oil. I think it gives it some extra flavor and makes the potato tops a little crispy, which my husband loves! Not the healthiest option, I know, but it's delicious!
I added minced garlic and sliced onion, and used baby red potatoes. Super delicious.