Got this recipe from Hungry Girl and one whole onion is only 155 calories!!!. You can also use the basic recipe for Jalapeno poppers. But give this a try you will not be sorry.
My Private Note
onion r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fat free egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- vivi's original sauce classic carnival mustard (optional)
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Slice the ends off the onion and remove its outer layer. Cut onion into 1/2-inch-wide slices and separate into rings. Set aside.
- 4Using a blender or food processor, grind cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Season crumbs with the spices and transfer to a plate or bowl. Set aside.
- 5Fill a small bowl with egg substitute. Prepare a baking sheet (or two) by spraying with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- 6Pop-Up Tip! For the following step, use tongs or a fork to dip the rings into the egg substitute and cereal crumbs -- it'll keep your fingers from getting eggy & crumb-covered. (Don't pierce the rings with the fork; just balance them on it.).
- 7One at a time, dunk each ring in egg substitute, give it a shake to remove any excess, and then coat it in the seasoned crumbs. Evenly place rings on the baking sheet(s).
- 8Bake in the oven until outsides are crispy and insides are soft, 20 - 25 minutes, carefully flipping rings over about halfway through. Serve with mustard, if using. Enjoy!
- 9MAKES 1 SERVING.
- 10HG FYI: You'll only need about 1/4 cup egg substitute to coat your rings, but using 1/2 cup makes it soooo much easier.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Rings Faux Without the FRY!!
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.1
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 641.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 15.8 g