- 3 sweet onions, thickly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak onion rings in ice water for 30 minutes; pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Sift baking powder, flour and salt together; set aside.
- Combine egg, water and lemon juice; beat well.
- Stir into flour mixture until just blended; add butter.
- Dip onion rings into batter; drop into 375-degree oil and fry 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels.