Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe out of my favorite cook book. I like onions; the more the better. They are good for snacking!
- Soak onion rings in ice water for 30 minutes; pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Sift baking powder, flour and salt together; set aside.
- Combine egg, water and lemon juice; beat well.
- Stir into flour mixture until just blended; add butter.
- Dip onion rings into batter; drop into 375-degree oil and fry 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
Very good and easy to prepare. I used the Vidalia onions (favorite of mine). The batter was very good!
Very nice! Good crunch an texture. Added garlic powder for some more flavor. Will play around with spices to add a little more kick to the taste of the batter
These were good but held a lot of oil for which I used canola. I did find for the amount of onion rings there was not enough batter to properly coat them. I used a gluten free rice flour mix (for a 1/2 cup tapioca starch, 1 cup white rice flour) I used a brown egg, sea salt and freshly squeezed lemon juice. I also made the batter a little in advance.