Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are extra crispy!
- 1 yellow sweet onion
- 1 cup beer (Don't use dark beer.)
- 1 cup flour, and a little extra for dusting
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Cut onion into thick slices. Separate rings.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl, to make the batter.
- "Dust" onion rings in flour.
- Dip rings into batter.
- Fry rings in deep fryer or in 2 inches vegetable oil until golden brown, in batches, so rings aren't touching or too close together while frying.
- Drain on paper towels or brown paper bags.
- Serve with hamburgers and cole slaw or cucumber salad. (See Zaar recipe 211355, "Creamy Cucumber Salad.").