Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious rice recipe with onion, lime and spices. Posted for ZWT 8
Make and share this Onion Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (fresh coriander)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet. Add the mustard seeds and chilis and when it sputters, add the sliced onions. Saute until the onions are golden. Add the rice and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and heat the rice. Remove from the stove and stir in the lime juice. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve.
Loved this rice-kind of pilaf style. I used basmati rice and otherwise followed the recipes. Delicious served with Garam Masal Chicken#163665 for a great gluten-free dinner for ZWT8 in India. Photo also to be posted
Wonderful rice! I loved the peppers, onions and the splash of lime. This came out surprisingly light tasting - though it was kind of crunchy-chewy with all the onions and the mustard seeds. We really enjoyed this, even DD liked it and she is not a fan of onions. Will definitely make this again - thanks for posting AlaskaPam - made for ZWT8 adn the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys!
This was a wonderfully flavorful rice. I really enjoyed the smorgasbord of spices and tastes in this rice dish. Thank you for sharing your recipe, AlaskaPam. Made for ZWT8.