- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth or 2 1⁄4 cups beef broth or 2 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine rice, broth, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat to low and cook, covered, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes; remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add in onion; saute about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Stir sauteed onions into cooked rice; add in parsley and fluff with a fork before serving.