Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very onion-y! with a little bit of salsa tang. I had a lot of onions left over from making salsa, so I mixed up my remaining ingredients, and this is what I came up with. My husband loved it. Great for the onion lover!
- 4 cups onions, finely diced
- 2 cups cucumbers, finely diced
- 2 cups tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger, fresh
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 4 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- black pepper
- Wash cucumbers and tomatoes, dice, put into large bowl.
- Clean enough onions to make 4 cups and dice. Making sure that the onions are about the same size as the cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for at least an hour, serve with chips, or put on hot dogs, hamburgers, fish or chicken.
- You may process in glass jars (can) or freeze.