- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 sweet onions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup 35% cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large fry pan. Add thyme and onion, saute over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Add onions to a buttered quiche pan. Cover with cheese.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together milk, cream, egg, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Pour over onions and cheese.
- Cook at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.