Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Courtosy of BHG.com
- 2 medium onions, cut into 8 wedges each, root end attached
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 400°F In a large skillet cook onions in hot oil 5 minutes over low heat; season with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and garlic; cook 8 minutes more or until onions are tender. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Grease 10 to 12 (5- to 7-ounce) baking dishes with the remaining butter. In bowl, combine eggs and milk; whisk in flour. Add cheese and the snipped sage; combine. Spoon onion in dishes; pour egg mixture over. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Remove; let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm with fresh sage leaves.