Recipe by chia
Makes a nice side dish for roasts or meatloaf.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
This was our potato side dish we had with the Sunday roast chicken, I halved the recipe but not the onion amount, it worked.It made a nice change to our regular roast potatoes, richer but a real treat and will make this again! Thanks for posting.
- 4 large potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- nonfat cooking spray
- 2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spray an oval baker with cooking spray.
- Add 1 layer of potatoes, top with 1 layer onions, top with cheese; salt and pepper repeat layers until you end up with final layer of potatoes, top with cheese.
- Pour in half and half to equal height of layers.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake covered 45 minutes, then uncover and bake 15 minutes more.