Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Makes a nice side dish for roasts or meatloaf.
- 4 large potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- nonfat cooking spray
- 2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spray an oval baker with cooking spray.
- Add 1 layer of potatoes, top with 1 layer onions, top with cheese; salt and pepper repeat layers until you end up with final layer of potatoes, top with cheese.
- Pour in half and half to equal height of layers.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake covered 45 minutes, then uncover and bake 15 minutes more.
This was our potato side dish we had with the Sunday roast chicken, I halved the recipe but not the onion amount, it worked.It made a nice change to our regular roast potatoes, richer but a real treat and will make this again! Thanks for posting.
This is a really great recipe, easy to make and a different twist on regular au gratin potatoes. We loved it. I did half the recipe and it still makes quite a large dish. Thanks for the recipe.
This was tasty and went together quickly using my mandoline slicer. I used 1% milk instead of 1/2 and 1/2. Thanks for posting!