Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another of those really simple dishes that taste heavenly. Use store bought short-crust pastry.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 red onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 desiree potatoes
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves
Garlic Yoghurt Sauce
- 300 g Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- To make sauce place all ingredients in jar and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 200 Degees Celsius.
- Line baking sheet with baking paper.
- Heat oil in saucepan and add onion and sugar. Cook over low heat to caramelise onions 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place potatoes in boiling salted water and simmer for 15-20 minutes until just tender. Drain and cool slightly and slice thinly.
- Cut pastry sheets in half, then half again.
- Lay onion on top, then potato slices, followed by tomato slices.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove place basil leaves sprinkled on top to serve with sauce dolloped on top or passed separately.