1/2 Photos of Onion Pot Roast
3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
I've tried many pot roast recipes but this is my favourite. Its my adaptation from the Lipton Onion Soup box.....I'm so cheeky, I even use "no name soup mix"! Just add Yorkshire Pudding & you've got a tasty dinner. When I make this for 2 people, I use the leftovers in Beef Vegetable soup or Beef Barley soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in dutch oven over medium high heat.
- 2Braise meat for about 5 minutes, turning often until browned on all sides.
- 3Remove, set aside and keep warm.
- 4Saute onions in dutch oven until limp.
- 5Add broth, apple juice, wine, onion soup mix& spices and stir well.
- 6Return beef to dutch oven.
- 7Roast at 325°F for 2 1/2 hours, turning beef about every 30 minutes.
- 8Cut vegetables into chunks, add to pot and cook for about another hour or until cooked to desired doneness.
- 9Remove veggies and beef and keep warm until ready to serve; for a thicker gravy, use corn starch.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.2
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 143.3 mg
- Sodium 753.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 50.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef rump roast