Mary Scheffert's Note:
I found this recipe in a magazine while waiting in a doctor's office. It looked so good, I made it that evening with dinner. This is tasty & quick, and I would imagine you could experiment with any number of seasonings to go with a variety of menus. These can also be baked separately on a cookie sheet instead of the loaf pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan, or use a non-stick loaf pan& set aside.
- 2Melt butter or margarine in a medium-sized bowl; stir in the minced dried onion& poppy seeds.
- 3Open the cans of biscuits& separate them.
- 4Dip each biscuit quickly into the butter mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- 5Line up the biscuits in the loaf pan, standing them on edge, forming two long rows; drizzle any remaining butter mixture on top of completed loaf.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7(You may find you need to lower your oven temperature to 325 degrees in order for the middles of the center biscuits to get done; or you can bake these individually on a cookie sheet after dipping them in the butter mixture.).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion-Poppy Seed Biscuit Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.1
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 425.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g