Recipe by stephanie
a very good pizza .....excellent
Top Review by MsPia
Thank you Stephanie, the pizza was delicious. It looked like it was going to be a lot of onions but after caramelizing them, it was the perfect amount. I love the sweetness of the onions with the saltiness of the anchovies. I added some capers to the toppings, (I love capers); for the dough I used Recipe #60816 Easy Pizza Dough for Bread Machine, that it was also wonderful. I made 4 small pizzas instead of one big one.
- 7 onions, cut in strips
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 10 Italian tomatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh herb
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 8 anchovies
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 pizza dough
Directions See How It's Made
- heat onions in oil on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- In another pan cook tomatoes with sugar and cornmeal until it tickened.
- mix onions, tomatoes, salt and pepper and herbs.
- spread on the dough, add anchovies, olive and parmesan.
- bake in the oven at 425F degrees until the cheese in melted.