Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
a very good pizza .....excellent
- 7 onions, cut in strips
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 10 Italian tomatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh herb
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 8 anchovies
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 pizza dough
- heat onions in oil on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- In another pan cook tomatoes with sugar and cornmeal until it tickened.
- mix onions, tomatoes, salt and pepper and herbs.
- spread on the dough, add anchovies, olive and parmesan.
- bake in the oven at 425F degrees until the cheese in melted.
Thank you Stephanie, the pizza was delicious. It looked like it was going to be a lot of onions but after caramelizing them, it was the perfect amount. I love the sweetness of the onions with the saltiness of the anchovies. I added some capers to the toppings, (I love capers); for the dough I used Recipe #60816 Easy Pizza Dough for Bread Machine, that it was also wonderful. I made 4 small pizzas instead of one big one.
I'm sorry this just didn't work out for me. The topping made about 2/3 too much and I only used 5 of the 7 onions! The flavors were okay, but just not what I was hoping for.
This was very good, I added some red bell peppers that I juliened before cooking and it turned out great. The onion flavor is great because of the caramelizing you do before using them. The anchovy flavor is great to. I love anchovies, they are really a very buttery and delicious fish. This is a very good pizza Stephanie! Thank you very much for posting!