Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Elegance, easy and made with refrigerated pizza dough in a tube! Traditionally this recipe calls for anchovies. If you don't have a real revulsion to them, leave them in, they just melt away in the cooking process, leaving behind a rich flavor! The onion topping can be prepared up to two days ahead and reheated. This would work for a light supper. I'm serving it for a cocktail party. From Cooking Light.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cups thinly sliced vidalia onions (about 4 large) or 10 cups other sweet onion (about 4 large)
- 8 anchovies packed in oil, drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup nicoise olive, pitted, coarsly chopped
- fresh thyme sprig (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and anchovies to pan. Cover and cook for 25 minutes, or until onion is very tender, stirring occaisionally. Uncover and cook 10 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring often. Stir in 2 teaspoons thyme and pepper. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Coat 15X10-inch jelly roll pan with cooking spray and press dough into it. Bake 400 for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Arrange onion mixture evenly over crust; top with olives. Cut into squares. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
- Serve immediately.