Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you love onions as much as I do, then you will love this savoury onion recipe, and with the addition of crispy bacon, the taste is great. Enjoy!
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 9 in.baked pastry shell
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 8 -10 slices fried crisp bacon, crumbled
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Saute onions in drippings.
- Beat sour cream and eggs in mixing bowl.
- Add salt, pepper and chives.
- Mix in onions.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle caraway seed on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until done.
- Top with bacon.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
We thoroughly enjoyed this onion pie! I did however left out the bacon (veggie daughter visiting) and the caraway (personal pref). Loved the sour cream in this...used light sour cream and it worked perfectly. Looking forward to making this with the bacon! Thank you kitten for sharing.
Great stuff! My family loves it.