Dont let the name turn you off. This is excellent with roast beef and gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in butter until golden.
- 2Season with half the salt and pepper.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Stir together flour, baking powder and remaining salt.
- 5Cut shortening into mixture until you have the texture of coarse crumbs.
- 6Add milk to from dough.
- 7Spread dough into 10x10 baking dish.
- 8Spread onion mixture over the dough.
- 9Beat together egg and sour cream and pour over the onions.
- 10Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 11Remove and cut into squares after slightly cooled.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Pie
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1028.1
- Calories from Fat 764
- Total Fat 84.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 87.1 mg
- Sodium 1029.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: