Recipe by Ron Harrison
This rich tasting pie is an excellent addition to a holiday meal. The sweet onion flavor is perfectly complimented by the cheese.
- 30 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups yellow onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, scalded
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crackers and 1/2 C. butter.
- Press into 9 inch pie pan to make a crust.
- Saute onions with 1/2 C. butter until soft; pour into cracker crust.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Mix scalded milk with eggs, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for half an hour or until custard sets.