Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Whodathunkit? Onions? In a pie? This is similiar to a quiche or frittata. ENJOY!
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tomatoes
- Bake pie shell according to package directions.
- Melt butter and saute onions until tender and golden.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble when cooled.
- Beat eggs until light.
- Add flour, milk, sour cream, and salt and pepperand whisk until creamy.
- Place onions in the base of baked pie shell. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Slice tomato in eighths and place on top of pie.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake and additional 20 minutes.
- Insert toothpick in center and it should come out clean.