Recipe by PA Cindy
I got this recipe from the Quick Cooking magazine and it is delicious. I actually found something that pleases my whole family.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
I made these for lunch over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised at the flavor. While I am not crazy at using deli meat (personal choice) I think these would be fantastic with sandwich steaks and plan to try that in the future. I made exactly as posted. Thanks, PA Cindy!
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip, divided
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 5 sandwich buns, split
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and peppers in 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise until crisp-tender.
- Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- Reduce heat.
- Add the Italian dressing, roast beef and remaining mayonnaise to the skillet.
- Cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Place beef and vegetables on rolls; top with mozzarella cheese.
- Rolls can be topped with the mozzarella cheese and placed under the broiler for 5 minutes.