Regular size bagels are just too much for me, so I decided to look for a recipe for mini bagels. Onion Parmesan mini bagels, yum! I changed it up a little by substituting some whole wheat flour. Adapted from by the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
My Private Note
mini ba ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2-4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or a mixed flour blend or all purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (120* to 130* F)
- 6 cups cold water, divided
- 1 tablespoon cold water, divided
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1Combine 1 1/2 all purpose cups flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, minced onion, 2 tablespoons sugar, yeast and salt in large mixing bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups warm water. Beat on low speed of electric mixer 1 minute or until blended. Increase speed to high; beat 3 minutes.
- 2On lightly floured surface, knead in enough remaining flour to make moderately stiff dough. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest 10 minutes.
- 3Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Divide dough into 24 equal portions. Shape each portion into ball. Press thumbs through center of each ball. Stretch to form 1-1/2-inch hole. Place on prepared baking sheets. Cover with plastic wrap and clean cloth. Let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- 4Preheat broiler. Broil bagels about 5 inches from heat source 2 to 3 minutes, turning once. (Bagels should not brown.) Bring 6 cups water and remaining 1 teaspoon sugar to a boil in Dutch oven. Drop 7 or 8 bagels into boiling water mixture. Gently simmer 3 minutes, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining bagels.
- 5Preheat oven to 375°F Place bagels on baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray. Beat egg white and remaining 1 tablespoon water in small bowl. Brush tops of bagels with egg white mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Parmesan Mini Bagels
Serving Size: 1 (2426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.7
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 133.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g