Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A paratha that set everyone's fingers and mouth to work as soon as it was served !
Make and share this Onion Paratha recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups whole wheat flour (atta)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 green chili pepper
- oil, to cook paratha
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- Sieve atta with salt.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Wash and finely chop the green chili.
- Add onion and green chili to yogurt.
- Add ghee, red chili powder, cumin powder and half cup of water.
- Add flour and knead to a soft dough.
- Cover with a moist cloth.
- Keep aside for half an hour.
- Knead again.
- Divide into 4 equal parts.
- Make balls and press between palms of your hand.
- Roll out into a small puri, apply some oil and fold to make a triangle.
- Roll out again taking care to retain the triangular shape.
- Heat a flat bottomed pan (tawa).
- Roast the paratha, applying a little oil till both sides are golden.
- Serve hot.
I made half a recipe and these have great flavor. This is the first time making paratha, but was so easy and with great flavor. I used white whole wheat flour for the atta and turned out very good.