Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Looking for something different? This is a very pretty salad, delicious too! From Food and Drink Magazine.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, separated into leaves
- 236.59 ml red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml black olives
- 2 oranges
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml flat leaf parsley
- Spread romaine leaves on a platter. Scatter red onions and olives over top. Remove skin and white pith from oranges and slice into sections. Place over onions.
- Whisk together lemon juice, sugar, cumin, paprika and olive oil.
- Drizzle over salad. Garnish with parsley.
I was looking for a healthy side dish for tacos, having grown tired and a bit tubby from the rice and beans routine. This salad is very refreshing and the dressing has a lovely balance of flavors. Thank you for posting.
I made this to utlize some clementines on hand and loved it. I threw in a variety of spring lettuces and they only added to the pretty colors in this salad. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
We especially enjoyed the combo of olive & orange in this salad, & the dressing was great, as well! Definitely a very easy-to-prepare recipe worth making again! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]