Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a nice sandwich where you can also use leftover meat. You can make it as spicy as you choose by varying the amount of the jalapenos. To reduce the heat of the jalapenos remove the membranes and seeds.
- 226.79 g beef round tip steaks, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, cut into rings
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 0.59 ml salt, if desired
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 59.14 ml tomatoes, chopped
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, jalapeño pepper and garlic; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet; reserve.
- Add beef round tip steaks to same skillet; cook over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes, turning once.
- Do not over cook.
- Season with salt, if desired.
- Place equal amounts of beef on roll bottoms; top with equal amounts of reserved onion mixture and tomato.
- Cover with roll tops.
What a great sandwich. We really enjoyed it. I used 1 large jalapeno, it was perfect, for us. This recipe makes one tasty sandwich, the meat was tender while the veggies were crunchy, spicy and flavorful. All the components for a great lunch, thanks so much for sharing, I will be making it often.
Very good sandwich which we enjoyed. Thanks for sharin!